[Virtualacorn-list] An Iyonix Replacement?

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Fri Oct 17 10:31:55 BST 2008

John M Ward <john at acornusers.org> wrote:
> The only thing that occurs to me is that earlier versions of VA-RPC
> needed an add-on (downloadable from the support website) to raise the
> "VRAM" limit from 2 MB to 8 MB.  Perhaps (a) that is needed in this case,
> or (b) didn't install correctly/fully if that has already been tried.

My understanding was VRPC-SE didn't support more than 2MB, and 8MB screen
modes were only available only VRPC-AdjustSE, which was very unfair to
Select subscribers. Aaron said the only way to get 8MB with a softloaded OS
was to upgraded to VRPC-SA, which I did time last year. I've looked on the
VA website and there doens't seem to be any upgrades for VRPC-SA which are
required to get this to work.

Cheers
---Dave

Email: druck at druck.org.uk