[Virtualacorn-list] An Iyonix Replacement?

John M Ward john at acornusers.org
Fri Oct 17 10:07:43 BST 2008

In article <6cb263ef4f.druck at druck.freeuk.net>,
   David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> On 16 Oct 2008 ATimbrell at aol.com wrote:
> > In a message dated 16/10/2008 16:32:59 GMT Daylight Time,
> > druck at druck.org.uk
> >>Well  I've just installed 6.10 on VRPC-SA, and there is no change
> >>in the video  capabilities.

> > There won't be. RISC OS 6.10 (Select) supports the same VRAM
> > amount  (8Mb) as the versions of RISC OS supplied with VirtualRPC.
> > So try selecting 1600 x 1200 at 24bit. This will use 7.5Mb of screen
> > memory.

> There is only a 2MB fixed DA for VIDC VRAM, and it is impossible to
> select any mode which uses more than this.

The only thing that occurs to me is that earlier versions of VA-RPC
needed an add-on (downloadable from the support website) to raise the
"VRAM" limit from 2 MB to 8 MB.  Perhaps (a) that is needed in this
case, or (b) didn't install correctly/fully if that has already been
tried.

It is just a thought I had...

--
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!