[Virtualacorn-list] Speed of Iyonix??

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Tue Oct 7 07:36:45 BST 2008

My earlier question asked about a replacement Iyonix, by using some
sort of VRPC.

However, I have since heard that even if I had the fastest Mac
possible, a 3.2GHz 8-core thingy, it will not run at equal or greater
than the Iyonixs; speed, but much less, maybe only 30% of the Iyonixs'
speed.

I would therefore need a 10GHz Mac just to break-even with Iyonixs'
speed, let alone surpass it.

Comments please?

What speed (using image processing on VRPC/SA-VRPC or JPEG-picture
viewing on the VRPC/SA0-VRPC do people see in relation to that of an
Iyonix?

What is the way forward?  An X-scale-Virtual Acorn??

--

Cheers
Roger

Atomic Software   http://atomicsoftware.org.uk/
Isotope Info     http://rogerarm.freeuk.com/rogerarm/
Wild Flowers     http://wildflowerfinder.org.uk/
Bury Walkers     http://burystrollers.org.uk/
Feel rich. Smoke a diamond in your kimberlite pipe