[Virtualacorn-list] Recent versions Config problem

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 08:56:57 GMT 2008

Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <mpro.kbvgf0000v44e01uo.pittdj at pittdj.co.uk>,
>    David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
> [Snippy]
> > Does the Boot log show any errors.

> Having run through a lot of things again, I see on both machines partway
> through the Boot sequence there is: Repeat: File 'ResolverConfig' not
> found.

That error does not occur here on either VRPCs.

ResolverConfig is a *command provided by the Resolver module in OS4.37 on a
real RiscPC. VRPC uses its own Resolver 1.05 module found, using Verma, on
Podule 1, this version of the modules does not have the *command, which is
not a problem as the command is not issued by VRPC-AdjustSA's OS4.39 !Boot.

The file that call *ResolverConfig on OS4.37 is
Choices.Hardware.Disabled.Internet.Resolver

This is the equivalent file from VRPC :-

| Host name and resolver settings
| (auto-generated by Resolver setup)
|

| Host name

Set Inet$HostName standalone

| Name resolver

If "<Inet$Resolvers>" = "" Then Set Inet$Resolvers ""

VRPC has its own specific networking setup which is not the same as that on
real RiscPCs. I do not know what has gone wrong in this case, user
intervention or incorrect files on the installation CD.

To recap, VRPC is different from anything else, it does not provide the
command ResolverConfig and neither does it call it.

--
David Pitt