[Virtualacorn-list] Recent versions Config problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 14:16:24 GMT 2008

In article <d52.3ac70f7b.36766837 at aol.com>,
   VA <atimbrell at aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 14/12/2008 13:35:08 GMT Standard Time,  dave at triffid.co.uk
> writes:

> >Indeedy David, the same here, but if I double click the !Run file  in
> >MMapSetup I get the same error message.

> >If I do a *Show  Inet$MimeMappings it's not set to anything.

> >So if I add to the start  of the !Run file in MMapSetup the  path to the
> >MimeMapfile... (All  one line).

> >Set  Inet$MimeMappings
> >HostFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Default.Internet.Files.MimeMap

> >Then  it all works okay.

> >I have no idea why it was not set, nor where is  would normally be set?
>
> That's most interesting. I've taken a quick look through the  VirtualRPC
> master builds and the MimeMap files seem to be fine (but I will take
> a longer look tomorrow). This might also explain why I have been
> completly unable to reproduce the problem here (because all my
> MimeMap files are OK).
>
> So, it looks as though it's nothing to do with the New HostFS (or at
> least not directly). The older HostFS versions seem to be able to
> cope with a non-operational mime map, but the new one does not.
> This would make sense as we have done a huge amount of work on
> tidying up HostFS over the last few months.
>
> So, for anyone with the problem of files being shown as text can
> they check their mimemap. If it's broken then please fix it as
> per Dave's useful instructions. If that does it then I will include  the
> fix as part of the upgrade on our site.
>
> Although this doesn't explain show so many people have got a
> broken mimemap in the first place?
>
> Aaron

Sorry Aaron, but there seems to be a slight confusion, I started a new
thread because the two recent problems don't seem to be connected.

This Mimemap problem *has* been with my older version of VRPC-AdjustSA for
some while, it wasn't until I installed the latest purchase on
Thursday/Friday I remembered and had a poke around to see...

Infact I've just done a test to confirm... With the Mimemap config working
correctly with my added line.

If I revert HostFS to the Fix Version then the Filetypes are still errant.
If I now put back the old HostFS version the filetype work correctly.

So it appears the Mimemap problem is not directly related.
Additionally it seems folks with a correctly working MimeMap Config tool
are still getting the same problems with HostFS.

Dave