[Virtualacorn-list] Recent versions Config problem

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 13:46:31 GMT 2008

In a message dated 14/12/2008 13:35:08 GMT Standard Time,  dave at triffid.co.uk
writes:

>Indeedy David, the same here, but if I double click the !Run file  in
>MMapSetup I get the same error message.

>If I do a *Show  Inet$MimeMappings it's not set to anything.

>So if I add to the start  of the !Run file in MMapSetup the  path to the
>MimeMapfile... (All  one line).

>Set  Inet$MimeMappings
>HostFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Default.Internet.Files.MimeMap

>Then  it all works okay.

>I have no idea why it was not set, nor where is  would normally be set?

That's most interesting. I've taken a quick look through the  VirtualRPC
master builds and the MimeMap files seem to be fine (but I will take
a longer look tomorrow). This might also explain why I have been
completly unable to reproduce the problem here (because all my
MimeMap files are OK).

So, it looks as though it's nothing to do with the New HostFS (or at
least not directly). The older HostFS versions seem to be able to
cope with a non-operational mime map, but the new one does not.
This would make sense as we have done a huge amount of work on
tidying up HostFS over the last few months.

So, for anyone with the problem of files being shown as text can
they check their mimemap. If it's broken then please fix it as
per Dave's useful instructions. If that does it then I will include  the
fix as part of the upgrade on our site.

Although this doesn't explain show so many people have got a
broken mimemap in the first place?

Aaron