[Virtualacorn-list] Trouble after last upgrade

Jochen Lueg jochenlueg at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 12 14:29:51 GMT 2008

In article <b4418a0c50.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> Could this be caused by a corruption of the HostFS Extensions file? I
> had a lot of JPG files typed as text following one of the upgrades,
> and re-editing this file sorted things out. If this doesn't mean a lot
> to you, I'm sure one of the clever people round here can explain
> further.

Ah, thank you Peter. I didn't know about that file but took a look through
the directory structure and found it. All looks okay to me.

I couldn't even be 100% certain that the upgrade caused it, because I
don;t often save something from my own website copy. But yesterday I had
to, for some reason or other.

It's a very strange behaviour. I assumed it had something to do with this
triple file thing they were talking about some time back, but I know too
little about Windows or indeed Virtual Acorn to form an opinion.

Thanks again.

All the best

Jochen