[Virtualacorn-list] Trouble after last upgrade

Dr Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 13:35:10 GMT 2008

On 12 Dec 2008  Jochen Lueg <jochenlueg at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Has anybody else got this problem?

> I installed the last file fixing upgrade and opened the disccopy of my
> website with Drivepop. I then displayed a random page in Netsurf and later
> in Fresco as a test.

> Everything is fine until you save a page to any other directory. After
> doing that, the original file in my webdirectory had the extension txt
> added at the end of the /html. Which of course makes it un-readable for
> the browser the next time round.

> Not only that, but every single graphic file called by that page also had
> txt added.

> It took me an hour to clean the files.

Could this be caused by a corruption of the HostFS Extensions file? I
had a lot of JPG files typed as text following one of the upgrades,
and re-editing this file sorted things out. If this doesn't mean a lot
to you, I'm sure one of the clever people round here can explain
further.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Tm       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.