[Virtualacorn-list] Trouble after last upgrade

Dr Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 15:17:04 GMT 2008

On 12 Dec 2008  Jochen Lueg <jochenlueg at btinternet.com> wrote:

> In article <b4418a0c50.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>,
>    Dr Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

>> Could this be caused by a corruption of the HostFS Extensions file? I
>> had a lot of JPG files typed as text following one of the upgrades,
>> and re-editing this file sorted things out. If this doesn't mean a lot
>> to you, I'm sure one of the clever people round here can explain
>> further.

> Ah, thank you Peter. I didn't know about that file but took a look through
> the directory structure and found it. All looks okay to me.

At the risk of invoking thoughts involving grandmothers and eggs,
specifically, does your hostfs/extensions/txt contain entries:

c85 : jpg,jfif,jpeg

and

faf : htm,html,htl

?

If not, that would explain the problem and these lines would need to
be added.

> I couldn't even be 100% certain that the upgrade caused it, because I
> don;t often save something from my own website copy. But yesterday I had
> to, for some reason or other.

> It's a very strange behaviour. I assumed it had something to do with this
> triple file thing they were talking about some time back, but I know too
> little about Windows or indeed Virtual Acorn to form an opinion.

Similar strange behaviour happened here after an upgrade, and the
above solved the problem. Worth looking at?

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Tm       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.