[Virtualacorn-list] How can I check a later RISC OS?

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Fri Dec 19 15:50:27 GMT 2008

I have both 4.39 that came with Virtual Acorn and 6.10 which I purchased
earlier this year.  All on a Mac.

So far I have only been using 4.39.  But I would like to try out 6.10.

Can I do this by one of:

  (a) Making a copy of the HardDisc4 directory within
      VirtualRPC-AdjustSA directory?  Would I then be able to restore
      this later if I ran into trouble?  Then I would 'softload' (or
      whatever) 6.10 over my existing installation.

  (b) Or should I hide my existing installation and completely reinstall
      and then softload (or whatever) 6.10 afterwards?  This would have
      advantages that I can more easily revert to the original
      installation if anything went wrong.

Or what?

While I have RISC OS continually backed up on the Mac, I do not wish to
lose anything as it now contains an enormous amount of work.

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim at powys.org
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/