[AppBasic] DrawScript Filetype Problem

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 07:02:59 GMT 2014

David R Lane, on 23 Mar, wrote:

> When I attempt to save an edited DrawScript file, the save box either
> shows the &000 filetype icon or the Drawscript filetype icon, but in
> either case the saved file gets the filetype &000. I can prevent this by
> typing &b9b into the field of the save box or, of course, by retyping the
> saved file.
>
> This happens when using StrongED as editor, which is the recommended
> editor for DrawScript. I tried to follow the instructions in the readme of
> the StrongED upgrade for DrawScript, but they seem to be for an earlier
> version of StrongED when there was only one ModeWhen file for all the
> modes, whereas in current versions of StrongED there is a ModeWhen file in
> each Mode directory. I decided to stick the two suggested extra lines
>    !Draw
>    ! b9b,**
> in a ModeWhen file in the supplied !Draw directory (to go inside the Modes
> directory). I deleted the pling as with it the Draw mode didn't appear in
> the Create list in the StrongED iconbar menu.

I converted Joe's StrongED DrawScript Mode to the new scheme of things some
time ago. The original has an old style Choices saved as Data, these day
Choices are in plain text.

The new Mode is indeed renamed as "Draw", the "!" is dropped.

The Draw.ModeWhen file is :-

Rules Include
! b9b,**
End

In Mode Choices -> Misc the 'Default filetype' should be set to B9B. Other
Choices may need attention but I think StrongED would default to sensible
values.

--
David Pitt