[AppBasic] DrawScript Filetype Problem

David R Lane D_Lane at Lakeview.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 23 00:52:34 GMT 2014

When I attempt to save an edited DrawScript file, the save box either
shows the &000 filetype icon or the Drawscript filetype icon, but in
either case the saved file gets the filetype &000. I can prevent this
by typing &b9b into the field of the save box or, of course, by
retyping the saved file.

This happens when using StrongED as editor, which is the recommended
editor for DrawScript. I tried to follow the instructions in the
readme of the StrongED upgrade for DrawScript, but they seem to be for
an earlier version of StrongED when there was only one ModeWhen file
for all the modes, whereas in current versions of StrongED there is a
ModeWhen file in each Mode directory. I decided to stick the two
suggested extra lines
   !Draw
   ! b9b,**
in a ModeWhen file in the supplied !Draw directory (to go inside the
Modes directory). I deleted the pling as with it the Draw mode didn't
appear in the Create list in the StrongED iconbar menu.

Any Suggestions?

Dave Lane
--
A true sign ..... of a recycled signature