[Virtualacorn-list] Second monitor

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Thu Aug 13 10:36:41 BST 2020

Hi folks

> I have just set up my Win10 desktop with a second monitor with the aim of
> running RO in one and Windows on the second. All works well until it comes
> to moving the pointer from RO running in full-screen mode.
> Hitting Alt/Enter to put RO in a window seems to be the only way of
> enabling the pointer to move between displays.
> Is there some way of making the pointer move when RO is in full screen
> mode, does anyone know?

> John Woodhouse

I'm not familiar with the Dual Monitor Tools which Mik T mentioned, but your description
above is as VirtualRPC running on 2 monitors is supposed to work, i.e. with the (blue)
RISC OS pointer running in full-screen mode, and with Windows displaying its desktop,
task bar and applications displayed on the other monitor. *But* the (white) Windows
pointer is AWOL...

So as you say, pressing <Alt-Enter> drops VirtualRPC into a Window - at which point
the (white) Windows pointer is then displayed and can be moved around over both
monitor displays.

In other words, there are supposed to be 2 blue/white pointers, controlled by a single
mouse, and you need to press <Alt-Enter> to swap between them to control RISC OS
and Windows respectively. HTH.

Steve Johnson