[Virtualacorn-list] Sibelius on Virtual Acorn

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Wed Sep 11 13:30:09 BST 2019

Hi,

I've also posted this on   comp.sys.acorn.apps

As well as the copy of Sibelius on my RiscPC, I have copies on my two laptops
on Virtual Acorn, courtesy of R-Comp. One suddenly decided it was corrupt &
needed to be re-installed. Then the same thing happened on the other machine.

As Andrew is a busy man these days & hard to get hold of, does anyone know
how to de-install & re-install.
Several years ago I had a couple of such incidents on the RiscPC due to
!Scrap problems (I should ever had cleaned it). That's easy to sort as I have
the original disc & a floppy drive but the hierarchy of the way it's done on
VA is very different.

Both my Virtual Acorns are on separate drives from the C drive to keep them
insulated from Windows 10 & anything that happens to that. I know it's not
the recommended way but so far it has worked perfectly. I don't think that
has any bearing on the Sibelius problem.

I have backup copies of Virtual Acorn on each laptop. On one laptop it's on a
separate drive. On the other it's on the same drive as the VA. I think Andrew
did  them like that.

It seems daft that anytime there is a problem I have to go back to Andrew.
'Twould be nice to know how to do it myself.

--
Chris