[Virtualacorn-list] Cannot resolve names in VRPC

Alan Adams alan at adamshome.org.uk
Mon Sep 2 13:06:09 BST 2019

Hi

I am running VRPC-ADjustSA on Windows 7. It will not resolve names.

Note this is not the intermittent failure a number of people have reported
- this is a problem all the time.

On windows I can ping www.bbc.co.uk and it workss, resolving through the
router
I can ping armx6 and it works, resiolving from the hosts file.

On VRPC both report "unknown host".

Any ideas?

The history is that the disc has separate partitions for system and data.
VRPC is installed in the data partition. I had to reinstall Windows in the
system partition. VRPC just worked (apart possibly fror this issue). I
don't really want to have to reinstall VRPC, and all the patches
subsequent to the CD copy I have.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan at adamshome.org.uk