[Virtualacorn-list] PDF partial failure

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Sun Mar 31 15:57:01 BST 2019

Hi Bob,

> Bob Ardler via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Didn't understand the pdfutils purpose or use, tried the
> other 2: no improved use. Whether pdfs are readable or
> not seems to correlate 90%ish with pdf size. Wondered
> whether tinkering
>  wimpslot -min 928k -max 928k
> might help.

It is unlikely to be a memory problem, it is likely to be
a "more modern PDF that !Pdf does not like" problem.

Try the following:

Test version of !Pdf named !PDFTest which is much better than
the original you found:
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/pdftest.zip

GhostScript/GhostView port:
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/ghostview.zip

GhostScript update and GhostScript/GView from Martin Würthner:
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/ghostscript_8.71-1.zip
http://www.mw-software.com/software/ghostscript/gs854_105.zip
http://www.mw-software.com/software/gview/gview152.zip

MuView, a new PDF/XPS/whatever viewer based on the MuPDF lib.
However, I guess this won't work on VA because it needs VFP.
https://www.riscosports.co.uk/vfp/muview.zip

Have fun
hubersn

--
Steffen Huber LambdaComm System – Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/
RISC OS Blog http://riscosblog.huber-net.de/