[Virtualacorn-list] PDF partial failure

Bob Ardler ardler at argonet.co.uk
Sun Mar 31 15:37:34 BST 2019

David J. Ruck wrote:
> Bob Ardler wrote:
>> About 2/3 of downloaded pdfs fail to open on this RO 4.02 running
>> on an RComp Shuttle. The only !PDF I can find is a Feb 2007
>> version in !Boot.Resources.
>
> Version number?
> Try googling "RISC OS PDF Viewer" for a newer version.

Googled it, got:
from riscos.info a 3.00.1.19, Feb 2007 version same as mine
from forgetwhere a pdfutils_0/23/1-1 wtf
also a Jun 2013 GhostView

Didn't understand the pdfutils purpose or use, tried the
other 2: no improved use. Whether pdfs are readable or
not seems to correlate 90%ish with pdf size. Wondered
whether tinkering
 wimpslot -min 928k -max 928k
might help.

Thanks, Prof. Druck, delayed reply 'cos another pounds
these keys for much of Saturday.
--
Bob