[Virtualacorn-list] installing VA on Mac Mohave 10.14.3

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Fri Mar 29 15:57:30 GMT 2019

Ross McGuinness via Virtualacorn-list, on 29 Mar, wrote:

> I've run the CD and followed the instructions. When clicking on VA it goes
> through the RISC OS startup screen then puts this message up
>
> Profile: Hardware profiles disabled
>
> Error: Unable to create files in
> "HostFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Resources.!Scrap. ScrapDirs", error returned
> is: "Access violation" (Error number &6)
>

> Any ideas on how to get around this problem please?

To start by confirming that my VRPC does run properly on Mojave 10.14.4.

Access violation would suggest a macOS permissions issue. As far as I can
see the administrative user used for the installation should have read and
write access for the contents of the VirtualRPC folder in Applications. Also
as far as I can see the installer does just that.

Hope that this is of some use.
--
David Pitt