[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 07:26:38 GMT 2019

In article <dd36801b-a8cf-c5b9-c91b-f113109764e8 at druck.org.uk>,
   David J. Ruck via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
[Snippy]
> Programs should be in Programs Files or Program Files (x86), data should
> be under the users home directory. Making you own directory under C:
> hasn't been the way things are done since Windows 95 or earlier.

Please read this with a light heart folks, no malice, nothing to read
between the lines, just my personal preference.  :-)

That maybe your choice Mr D. and excellent for you, but for others,
different choices are required.  :-)

An example being, on this Win 10 machine, upon which is running the VRPC
I'm now using... Nearly all my personally installed applications are
residing on Drive D:\

I'm such a naughty old man, I keep drive C:\ for the W10-OS and all the
other crap MS insists on sending my way...  ;-)

My concession to the MS-Way is... If I personally download and install 3rd
party apps that are specifically OS related, network monitor, additional
Printer, scanner drivers etc, etc, then I do allow them to install in C:\
Program files (or x86) that would be the logical choice.

All else is my choice, Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine,
mine, mine, mine, mine...  :-)

Dave

Nb: The machine has two separate harddrives, not partitioned.

--

Dave Triffid