[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 14:46:15 GMT 2019

In article <6bc7fc8e57.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>, Peter
Young via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> OT: I now have Peter Sellers's Bluebottle voice going
> through my brain. "This is interesting work, and is done
> manually, in other words once a year."

The Best of Sellers! Released as a 10" mono LP on
Parlaphone. My elder brother bought it and it was a
favourite of mine. I knew (definitely past tense) it all by
heart when I was a teenager.

That remembrance of yours was from the track "Balham -
Gateway to the South". Sellers narrated it in a cod
american accent as though it were a typical transatlantic
travelogue. He described Balham as a "fairyland of lights,
constantly changing from red, red and amber, green, amber
and back to red".

Happy days.  :-))

John

--