[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Sun Mar 3 14:07:35 GMT 2019

On 3 Mar 2019  Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <578EE53EF6%mik.towse at xemik.com>, Mik Towse via Virtualacorn-list
> <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
>> In article <578e99c540cvjazz at waitrose.com> Chris Newman via
>> Virtualacorn-list  wrote:
>>> In article <578E933971%mik.towse at xemik.com>, Mik Towse via
>>> Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> He must have chosen that for mine when he set the machine up. I wonder
>>> why he prefers that over the StrongArm version. Does he have a reason or
>>> is it just his policy ;-)
>> One good reason is that it supports window scrolling using the mouse scroll
>> wheel.

>> There was a module that added this in other versions, but I was never able
>> to get it to work. Perhaps it never did on VRPC?

> Thanks to Dave & Mike for those answers. Now I understand.

> The reason I made a right spherical objects up of modifying the models file
> to point to my hard disc was that the folder in which resides my VA was
> labelled VirtualRPC-AdjustSA  so I presumed I was using the Strong Arm
> version. I suppose Andrew labelled it thus when he set up the m/c. So might
> it ought to be labelled VirtualRPC-Adjust7500 or something but changing it
> now would presumably confuse all the pathnames.

> Next question. There are copies of the Models & Config files within VA. Do
> they get updated in some way or do I have to do it manually?

As I remember the copies have to be made manually. Then they're there the
next time you have the problem. You can then just rename them back.

OT: I now have Peter Sellers's Bluebottle voice going through my brain.
"This is interesting work, and is done manually, in other words once a
year."

Best wishes,

Peter.

--