[Virtualacorn-list] Incompatible host

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sat Mar 2 20:37:54 GMT 2019

In article <578e99c540cvjazz at waitrose.com>,
   Chris Newman via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <578E933971%mik.towse at xemik.com>, Mik Towse via Virtualacorn-list
> <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> > I'm pretty confident setting up VRPC, but last year a Windows update
> > decided to restart the computer without asking. As we know(?) VRPC can
> > get upset with this (& rightly so IMO). I had a backup of CMOS, but on
> > Andrew's advice I'd switched to using 7500 in preference to SA and I'd
> > forgotten to backup that Model.cfg file.

> He must have chosen that for mine when he set the machine up. I wonder
> why he prefers that over the StrongArm version. Does he have a reason or
> is it just his policy ;-)

> Chris

Chris I have a vague recollection the VRPC ARM7500 emulated a machine that
could use 16 Mbytes of VRAM thus allowing for bigger and better screen
modes.  (The VRPC-SA was/is only 8 Mbytes VRAM.

Probably someone like Druck or T.O.M.S. or even Andrew might know the
actual answer as I'm running on a dodgy memory... (That's me not the
computer)  :-(

Dave

Ps: Glad you are now fixed.  :-)

--