[Virtualacorn-list] cmos.ram

Jeremy Nicoll - ml VA jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Apr 8 20:23:43 BST 2019

On 2019-04-06 21:49, Dave Symes via Virtualacorn-list wrote:
> Having been contacted yet again by a VRPC using friend when VRPC fails
> boot... So can I remind those who don't or haven't made backups of the
> cmos.ram file to do so.

Also, it's not a "make one copy and never again" situation, since IIRC
the
cmos ram stores *CONFIG settings.  So if you ever change those you need
make a fresh copy of the cmos ram file.

Looking back at my old VRPC start-up files, I see that I used always to
run
an Obey file which I'd created (with comments in it as required) and it
issued the whole current set of *CONFIG commands, to mimic what the
output
from *STATUS would have been.  That probably reduced any grief I might
have
had from loss of a cmos ram file, but it also meant I had a commented
set
of notes containing the current settings.

There is no substitute for notes telling you why some setting is what it
is.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own