[Virtualacorn-list] cmos.ram

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Mon Apr 8 10:27:08 BST 2019

> "T.O.M.S. via Virtualacorn-list" <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote
>

> Good point David. Can I also mention that, if running
> VirtualRPC-SA or - AdjustSA, there are 3x CMOS files in the Models
> folder - one for each of the ARM7, ARM7500 and StrongARM core
> emulations - and to avoid gnashing of teeth it's crucially important
> to select the correct back-up CMOS file.

Why should the selected emulated CPU/model be relevant for
the CMOS content? Hopefully this isn't the case and everything
in CMOS (beyond the clock, which is irrelevant in V-RPC
because it uses the host system's clock anyway) is just
the same.

It would be different if there were different OS versions
switchable, but as V-RPC is sadly hardwired to the one and
only version it is delivered with...

> And if all else fails, rather than having to resort to
> digging out the master CD, the CMOS Repair Utilities for
> different variants of VirtualRPC are on
> http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/dloadpage/betautil.htm
> (along with a back-up Extensions file).

It would be a lot more useful to have a version of V-RPC to just
behave like a standard RPC - if invalid CMOS config (i.e. broken
or none), startup with red bordered screen and start running
with defaults.

Have fun
hubersn

--
Steffen Huber LambdaComm System – Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/
RISC OS Blog http://riscosblog.huber-net.de/