[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients threadcut

Martin styleguide at avisoft.f9.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 15:04:49 BST 2018

On 23 Jul in article <571c21e48aStuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk>,
   lists via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
wrote:
> The documentation for !Pluto is, with all due respect to Jonathan,
> a lttle rudimentary, consisting, as it does, of a number of text
> files.

The original documentation by Jonathan was indeed a number of text
files. However, many years ago I took those and added vast amounts of
information culled from internet postings and created a StrongHelp
manual. Since I have had access to the Pluto sources it has had
further updates, and from v3.06 it has been included with Pluto and
is on the iconbar menu. The original text documents are no longer
distributed.

I know StrongHelp is not everyone's favourite, but it is small, fast,
and enables one or many pages to be displayed, and instant searches
to be done. It is the only complete and up-to-date documentation that
I am aware of, and has a full alphabetic Index and a structured
Contents. If I had time, I would complete my StrongHelp conversion
facility: Anyone got any spare?

I would also add that the Pluto developments I have done have only
been possible because of the changes that Robert Sprowson has done,
and the help in understanding C that he has given me.

Martin

--
Martin Avison      using a British Iyonix running RISC OS 5
                   and the Pluto mail and newsreader