[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients threadcut

lists Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 14:29:40 BST 2018

In article <49366.91.85.218.30.1532344166.squirrel at email.orpheusnet.co.uk>,
   Bob Ardler via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk>
wrote:
> Am now used to webmail and shall stick to it. The intelligent notes
> from VMH, Druck, SW, PY & CN indicate knowledge & skill beyond this
> declining brain -- especially where RTFM is needed. (Those who know
> enough to write manuals seldom know what the dontknows need to know.)
> So it's webmail here, but long may Jonathan's and Martin's work
> flourish. (What did become of Jonathan?)

Jonathan continued with his principle interest, which was in producing
speech on the computer, for some time after passing !Pluto on for further
development to Martin.

http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

The documentation for !Pluto is, with all due respect to Jonathan, a lttle
rudimentary, consisting, as it does, of a number of text files.

However Brian Bailey, a user, produced a much better, "proper" manual in
!Ovation format and I have a draft copy here.

--
Stuart Winsor

Tools With A Mission
sending tools across the world