[Virtualacorn-list] Multiple recipients

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 09:10:33 BST 2018

On 03/07/18 14:19, Jim Nagel via Virtualacorn-list wrote:
> Vince M Hudd via Virtualacorn-list  wrote on 3 Jul:

>> ... the system is set up to not allow messages with multiple
>> recipients

> In MPro, one of the options when reading a mailinglist message is to
> "reply to group and include copy to sender" (Ctrl-click on the
> button).  The result is TO the list and CC the individual.

What a strange option. What good reason is there to - in effect - send
someone two copies of your reply?

> Would it be easy to set up the Riscository system to disallow messages
> with *more than 2* addresses total in TO and CC?

Without checking, yes, I believe I can set a threshold number. I'm not
convinced I should, though. I think it might be better if Messenger Pro
was fixed so that it didn't have such a rude* button, unless I can be
convinced it is a sensible option, and that increasing the list
threshold is equally sensible.

* Speaking as a subscriber to the mailing list, I would consider it rude
of someone to send me a second copy of a reply I'm going to receive anyway.

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk
                RISCOSitory          - www.riscository.com