[Virtualacorn-list] UniPrint on W7 no longer working.

Brian Carroll brian at carrolls.me.uk
Mon Jan 8 18:06:11 GMT 2018

In article <ca3043b756.pnyoung at pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>, Peter
Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a Windows 7 laptop running VRPC which has always in the
> past been able to communicate with Windows using UniPrint. I
> suspect following a recent Windows update this is now no
> longer working. ...

You seem to contradict this in the next sentence

> ... However, it will work from VRPC to to Windows, and ShareFS
> still works in both directions. Due to someone on some mailing
> list I have had the instructions on how to cure this on my W10
> machine, but I now can't find these instructions. I have
> checked that UniServer in Windows is running and set up
> correctly.

> If anyone can tell me how to allow UniPrint to work again I
> will be eternally grateful. I don't like tangling with
> Windows matters that I don't understand.

There is a short thread 'Uniserver/print and or network problem'
on the Archive mail list, started by me on 11 Dec 17, about a
similar problem.  I have asked advice from RComp but without any
success.  For me , the problem seems to be related to some change
on the modified-XP machine possibly following updates which
arrive occasionally. The RiscPC cannot now communicate with
UniServer on the PC over the network.  ShareFS to other RISCOS
machines is unaffected.

My problem remains and is a considerable nuisance.

Brian.