[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

Jeremy Nicoll - ml VA jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue Dec 11 11:50:07 GMT 2018

On 2018-12-11 11:22, John Woodhouse via Virtualacorn-list wrote:
> After all this correspondence, I think I have figured out why this is
> happening.
>
> If I <Menu> click on an .mp4 video file attachment in Pluto's Article
> Viewer, > Info shows the file to be Type "Data (ffd)" so that when it
> is
> copied into a directory it quite correctly shows it as being a Data
> file.

> So Windows identifies it as a Data file and correctly adds .dat to the
> file
> name,

/Windows/ does not do that.  Windows does not change the name of a file
in
any of its directories.  If a program creates a file with a particular
name
then that's the name it has.

The VRPC program, running under Windows, creates the file with the name
ending in ".dat".

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own