[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com
Tue Dec 11 11:22:43 GMT 2018

After all this correspondence, I think I have figured out why this is
happening.

If I <Menu> click on an .mp4 video file attachment in Pluto's Article
Viewer, > Info shows the file to be Type "Data (ffd)" so that when it is
copied into a directory it quite correctly shows it as being a Data file.
So Windows identifies it as a Data file and correctly adds .dat to the file
name, which prevents Windows seeing it as a video file until it is
truncated to its original  xxx.mp4 file name.

I have put the question to the Pluto users group .....

John

--
    ____