[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Mon Dec 10 13:39:24 GMT 2018

> John Woodhouse via Virtualacorn-list <virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Have I got the right configuration set? I have Tools> Options> HostFS> the
> 'No Types' box is ticked. I thought this was supposed to ensure that files
> copied to Windows did NOT have their file names changed on transfer. Have I
> got the wrong end of the stick here?

I think you should untick "NoTypes". I only remember dimly from LanMan98
times that "NoTypes" is only sensible if you use the mount only from RISC OS,
because it always adds the filetype as part of the filename - so all works
fine for RISC OS, but since the extension is no longer there, nothing
will work for the host platform.

Have fun
hubersn

--
Steffen Huber LambdaComm System – Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/
RISC OS Blog http://riscosblog.huber-net.de/