[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

Brian bbailey at argonet.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 14:18:48 GMT 2018

In article <5763b98c05mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com>,
   John Woodhouse via Virtualacorn-list
<virtualacorn-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:

> . . how they come to terms with the transfer of files between the host
> Windows filing system and VRPC ?

> It drives me mad having to file-type anything that is exported to Windows
> from RO. All files are given extensions which are superfluous e.g.
> XXX.mp4.dat

> I have tried to tick the Tools > HostFS > NoTypes box but that does not
> stay ticked.
> I have installed VARPC in E: drive in a directory nemed Virtual Acorn and
> run RO exclusively from that.
> I am running RO using the Arm7500 model in order to have control of the
> scroll mouse button.

> My Model.cfg file contains the lines :

> podule = 0
> mount0 = "HardDisc4 'E:\Program
> Files\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"
> mount1 = "PCTxfer 'E:\[Txfer]' showext,notypes"

> Does everyone have this problem? I transfer a lot of files backwards &
> forwards between the systems and think that I must somehow have something
> configured wrongly.

I do something similar, swopping files quite frequently, John, but get
very little in the way of problems. My set up is as is from installation.
Can't seem to understand your set up relative to mine. My set up is with
StrongArm RISC OS4 on Win7. I've avoided moving VirtualAcorn from the C:
drive cos if did and if I got into trouble I would be utterly clueless.

Not much help I'm afraid, but you never know!

> Can anyone help, please?
> John

Best wishes

Brian