[Virtualacorn-list] Can someone tell me . .

mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com mail at JohnWoodhouse.plus.com
Sun Dec 9 13:56:31 GMT 2018

. . how they come to terms with the transfer of files between the host
Windows filing system and VRPC ?

It drives me mad having to file-type anything that is exported to Windows
from RO. All files are given extensions which are superfluous e.g.
XXX.mp4.dat

I have tried to tick the Tools > HostFS > NoTypes box but that does not
stay ticked.
I have installed VARPC in E: drive in a directory nemed Virtual Acorn and
run RO exclusively from that.
I am running RO using the Arm7500 model in order to have control of the
scroll mouse button.

My Model.cfg file contains the lines :

podule = 0
mount0 = "HardDisc4 'E:\Program
Files\VirtualAcorn\VirtualRPC-AdjustSA\HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"
mount1 = "PCTxfer 'E:\[Txfer]' showext,notypes"

Does everyone have this problem? I transfer a lot of files backwards &
forwards between the systems and think that I must somehow have something
configured wrongly.

Can anyone help, please?
John

--