[Virtualacorn-list] Resolver Question

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Mon Aug 20 21:58:20 BST 2018

On 20/08/2018 07:13, Dave Symes via Virtualacorn-list wrote:
> I think I've chatted about this in the past...
>
> I find (For a long time) the VRPC RISC OS 6.20 Resolver (Module) to be
> very unreliable in resolving names.

[Snip]

> So to my question... Considering this is VRPC and RISC OS 6.20 Would it be
> possible for me to kill/unplug this Resolver module and install another
> one?

The VA resolver *should* just pass on the calls to the Windows resolver,
and work any time the Windows one does, however it clearly has problems,
and has had for around a decade.

> If yes, what replacement Resolver module might reliably do the job?

That all depends if the if the Replacement resolver uses calls supported
by the VA Internet module. If it does work it is likely to be
significantly slower.

Cheers
---Davd
Email: druck at druck.org.uk