[Virtualacorn-list] Resolver Question

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Aug 20 07:13:08 BST 2018

I think I've chatted about this in the past...

I find (For a long time) the VRPC RISC OS 6.20 Resolver (Module) to be
very unreliable in resolving names.

For example: pop.mydomain.co.uk will often fail, but if I reconfigure
Hermes to use the ip address numbers, nn.nn.nnn.nnn it will connect
perfectly okay.

Return to pop.mydomain.co.uk and it will not connect.

(Worth noting in passing) If I drop out of RISC OS into Windows and use
Thunderbird to connect to pop.mydomain.co.uk it works okay.

Back into RISC OS and it fails.

CLI  RMReinit Resolver doesn't change anything.

Sometimes a RISC OS cold reboot sorts the problem...

So to my question... Considering this is VRPC and RISC OS 6.20 Would it be
possible for me to kill/unplug this Resolver module and install another
one?

If yes, what replacement Resolver module might reliably do the job?

Thanks
Dave

Nb: No Problem Killing the module, the replacement is the big Q.

--

Dave Triffid