[Virtualacorn-list] Where is VRPC DL?

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 15:12:48 BST 2017

In article <102980835.262677.1506519654848 at communicator.strato.de>,
   Steffen Huber <steffen at huber-net.de> wrote:
> I am not sure what problems Dave has running RPCEmu from
> anywhere including an USB stick - I do that all the time.

I don't have any problem running RPCEmu on a USB stick or USB-3 SSD.
4.02, 4.39, 6.20 or even ROOL 5.23.

The real biggy problem is the Networking.

If you take your RPCEmu on a stick or SSD when you are away visiting
friend/relative/whatever, the only way to get networking access when you
have your stick in their machine, is to totally FU their networking
configuration...

They are not going to allow that... Believe me.

VRPC-DL as per usual, uses the underlying Win Networking without any FU
required.

> Have fun
> hubersn

<Monty Python Voice>
Have fun... HAVE fun!... I'm not having much of that ATM with RISC OS.  :-/

Dave

--

Dave Triffid