[Virtualacorn-list] Where is VRPC DL?

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Sep 27 07:12:09 BST 2017

In article <5681cc9119j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk>,
   John McCartney <j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5681c2ba3adave at triffid.co.uk>, Dave Symes
> <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> > Indeed it will, I have my Everyday use VRPC-DL 6.20
> > backed onto a USB-3 memory stick from where it will run
> > directly on any computer if needed.

> Thanks very much Dave, that's just what I need to know.

> > You can't do that with RPCEmu.  :-(

> There's a lot you can't do with RPCEmu! Particularly
> getting your head round the networking side.

> John

John,
If I may, something to look out for when using copies on sticks or SSD,
though the same applies if you have multiple version on a same computer.

In the Models file "model.cfg" of your Stick or SSD install...

Check that the Mount entry for the Boot Harddisc4 doesn't point at a
specific path.

Thus:
mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Apps\VirtualRPC-DL620\HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

If it does, edit it.

Thus:
mount0 = "HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

To prevent accidents... !!!
Won't bore you now with the past experience, but I will expand if you need
additional explanation.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid