[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC RO 4.39 and 16 Million colours

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 16:07:50 BST 2017

In article <9754d43d-0822-9405-1614-8887139ed13b at druck.org.uk>,
   David J. Ruck <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> On 25/09/17 11:25, Dave Symes wrote:
> > Good day folks. I'm setting up a VRPC-DL for Fay and nothing I try
> > will get this (Naughty word) RISC OS 4.39 to do a sizeable C16M colour
> > screen mode (Always defaults to 800 x 600 C16M  which is a bit useless
> > for a Widescreen monitor).

> The RISC PC models faithfully emulate the 2MB limit for VRAM, which will
> only allow 800x600 at 16M colours. You need to use the A7000 model,
> which can be configured to use more (main) memory for display,
> preferably enough so you can use the same resolution as the native
> screen.

> Cheers
> David

Unfortunately VRPC-DL only comes with one model file "Arm7 RISCOS4 (jit)"

The "model.cfg" file does have 8Mb Vram configured, but in this instance
4.39 doesn't seem to be picking that up.
Main memory is configured 128 Mbytes, and I have tried it with 256 Mbytes.

Another VRPC-DL running RISC OS 6.20 (Same Model.cfg) displays in bigger
C16M modes without trouble, so I guess it must be a RISC OS 4.39 thing.

Thanks for your thoughts, appreciated.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid