[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC RO 4.39 and 16 Million colours

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 11:25:54 BST 2017

Good day folks.
I'm setting up a VRPC-DL for Fay and nothing I try will get this (Naughty
word) RISC OS 4.39 to do a sizeable C16M colour screen mode (Always
defaults to 800 x 600 C16M  which is a bit useless for a Widescreen
monitor).

Advice given on ...misc has been tried along with some fiddles of my own,
but it still fails to give a C16M screen display on a larger screen mode
(32K is the largest, aside from the pathetic 800 x 600 C16M).

On my VRPC-DL install (I have two paid for copies) I'm running RISC OS
6.20 and using a larger screen mode in C16M  without any problems.

The one I'm using for her setup is a bit smaller and it fails to do C16M.

I've also put into the 4.39 Monitor MDF the config used to give
me...1920x1080 in C16M on my RISC OS 6.20, but that also fails to render
in C16M under 4.39.

I'm totally out of ideas.
Anyone here have any useful suggestions.
Thanks

Dave

--

Dave Triffid