[Virtualacorn-list] Avast Free freezes VRPC

Barry Punchard barry.punchard at btinternet.com
Mon Nov 27 08:09:17 GMT 2017

On 26 Nov          pnyoung at ormail.co.uk wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2017  John McCartney <j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <8b280ca156.barry.punchard at barry.btinternet.com>, Barry
> > Punchard <barry.punchard at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> >> If the Shield is turned off while VRPC is running it
> >> causes an 'Unable to Create Primary Surface' failure
> >> under VRPC. That is, 'power Cycle' is needed to restart.
>
> > I've only ever seen that message if I've accidentally tried
> > to launch VRPC while another copy was running.
>
> Same here. Quite easy to do when Windows is slow in starting up VRPC.

If I try 2 VRPC starts in quick succession it really messes with the PC and goes
to VRPC fullscreen with a continuous hourglass frozen and alt-enter not
changing from full screen. Going to Windows Task manager and doing cancel on
menu goes to a full black screen. Then the only way out is going back to Task
Manager and quitting VRPC.

Thanks to all, I'll just live with it 'til the next time it magically clears by
itself.
--
   //__))arry //unchard        mailto:barry.punchard at btinternet.com

---