[Virtualacorn-list] Avast Free freezes VRPC

Barry Punchard barry.punchard at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 26 13:19:20 GMT 2017

VRPC AdjustSA (v1.6) emulating Arm7500 freezes, then unfreezes up to 20 secs
later, when used under Win7 running Avast Free Anivirus software v. 17.8.2318
and previous version.

Freezing can be eliminated or greatly reduced by turning off Avast's Behaviour
Shield permanently, which I have been doing for many months. I had hoped the
recent new Avast program version would sort this, but no luck.

If the Shield is turned off while VRPC is running it causes an 'Unable to Create
Primary Surface' failure under VRPC. That is, 'power Cycle' is needed to
restart.

Is anyone else getting this? If so, does turning off Behaviour Shield work for
you? Or are there better options?

TIA.
--
   //__))arry //unchard        mailto:barry.punchard at btinternet.com