[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed May 24 13:56:35 BST 2017

In article <56413b7027cvjazz at waitrose.com>,
   Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:
> In article <56411d7427dave at triffid.co.uk>,
>    Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> > Have to agree with D.R in that PDF is probably the easiest way to go...

> > That said, on the PC side, don't forget "Aspex Draw" which will take a
> > native RISC OS Drawfile as is, and is still editable, and then can be
> > saved out in a number of other formats.

> > On the SVG front, don't forget "InkScape" which loads and edits SVG
> > files, again able to export in a number of other graphic formats.

> > As D.R also mentions, outside of CAD, SVG is rather wasted...

> The free app DrawWorks exports Drawfiles to:-

> Sprite, JPEG,  GIF, TIFF, PNG, Adobe Illustrator, SVG, PDF

> See my previous post for link.

> Chris

Indeed.
I have and use DWorksXL and do sometimes use it, the SVG output is okay,
but I find trying the PDF output mostly crashes DWorks.

Yes I do have Ghostscript installed as it's used by Steve's PrintPDF which
will obviously print out of Draw to PDF.

This thread is most positively a Horses for courses business.

Do you want the Graphic to end up on the Win side as just a graphic image
(Bitmap), or do you want it to arrive as a Vector that's still editable?

It's a dilemma that most of us multi OS users face, and having moved much
of my graphics work to the Win side years ago... I've not yet found a one
solution that fits all requirements.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid