[Virtualacorn-list] RiscOS-MS file conversion

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Tue May 23 09:53:00 BST 2017

In article <50662.91.85.218.30.1495475727.squirrel at email.orpheusnet.co.uk> Bob Ardler wrote:
> On this (home) HardDisc4 there are >30k maths sheets I've composed on
> RiscOS for my school, mostly as Drawfiles or on TechWriter. Boss now
> wants them on the school network -- which accommodates only Microsoft
> and Apple machines. The only way I've transferred Drawfiles previously
> is to shrink them by 80%, if landscape rotate through -pi/2, drag into
> TechWriter, save as a Word file and email to school as an attachment.
You could try the Draw->WMF convertor. I found this worked very well as a
middle step to converting Drawfiles to use on websites. You may already have
something on Windows that can view those, but there are free viewers /
convertors to download.

I also have a vague recollecton of exporting to SVG many years ago. Can't
remember what I used, though. DrawPlus? Vector? Possibly even Draw.

If you have access to a Linux m/c you could use Jonathon Marten's DrawView to
convert them to PDF.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

I just cannot resist a little fun along the way