[Virtualacorn-list] VA won't start properly

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Mon Mar 6 23:33:32 GMT 2017

In article <56182d213cdave at triffid.co.uk>,
   Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <5618266575cvjazz at waitrose.com>,
>    Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:
> > In article <561717d859dave at triffid.co.uk>,
> >    Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > This is an extract from my VRPC install.

> > > [HostFS]
> > > podule = 0
> > > mount0 = "HardDisc4 'C:\Apps\VRPC\VirtualRPC-DL620\HardDisc4'
> > > bootopt=2,showext"

> > > (The mount line is all one line).

> > > Check the path written from when it was initially installed (Not
> > > copied) is the same as the actual path to the place into which it
> > > was/is now copied.

> > > If not, then amend the above line to match exactly the new place. And
> > > Save.

> > Mine shows ...

> > [HostFS]
> > podule = 0
> > mount0 = "HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

> > So presumably that's wrong. It's not just some catch all way of doing it
> > is it? Sorry to be so long reply. Daily chores, the common round etc
> > took over.

> > Chris

> Yes, there are never enough 'days in an hour' these days...

> Sorry from me also.

> I have two copies of VRPC installed, one is for everyday use, the other is
> used as a backup and for experimental app testing.

> My everyday use one has the absolute path to the Hd set so it won't get
> confused and find the wrong one. or V/V

> The second install still has the default path set, which is as you've
> noted.
> mount0 = "HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext"

Problems partly solved. The main glitch was indeed a pathway problem.

I discovered that if I exited to desktop & then did Alt / Enter & looked at
Menu Options Tools I could see that the HostFs Mount path still showed drive
C not mu VA partition. I edited that & VA now loads properly so mount0 =
"HardDisc4 'HardDisc4' bootopt=2,showext" may not be the universal solution I
thought it to be.

However, it can still take a few clicks on the exe icon to fire it up. Don't
understand that one.

Unfortunately, Sibelius now reports that it is corrupted & I need to
re-install it from the original disc. I'll have to get back to Andrew at
RComp for that one I think as he installed it originally from an image of my
Sibelius disc.

Thanks for all your help, folks.

Tha

--