[Virtualacorn-list] Keyboard and mouse input slows down.

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 11:33:33 BST 2016

On 10/09/16 23:21, Martin wrote:
> In article <55bd6798c8brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com>,
>    Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> wrote:

[...]

>>> Thanks for the prompt druck. Although this hasn't turned out to be a
>>> computer speed issue, watching the activity on the Task Manager
>>> pointed me in the right direction when I realised how much time was
>>> being hogged by one particular cloud storage application.

>> Pausing synching on all cloud storage apps during a VA session has
>> resolved the issue.

Don't forget (or discover from this reply...) that you do have the
option of limiting the amount of bandwidth DropBox uses.

I don't have a Windows machine on at the moment, so this is from memory,
but you do this by clicking on the DropBox icon in the bottom right to
call up its little window, then on the cogwheel icon to open its
settings window.

Somewhere in there you'll find an option to limit the upload/download
speed (I *think* there are two separate options, one for each way.)

[...]

> As with everything, use with care.

Indeed.

Possibly not what you meant, but in particular be careful about using it
for anything sensitive. I use it because certain of my clients insist on
using it to share files with me - but otherwise it would be something
about barge poles.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software