[Virtualacorn-list] File types between RISC OS and Mac

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 21:43:35 BST 2015

In article <mpro.nr2r2q2r61oxw006z.tim at powys.org>,
   Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:
> You wrote on 6 Jul at 15:49:

> > In article <mpro.nr278x2b2wawa006z.tim at powys.org>,
> >    Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:
> >
> > [Snippy]
> >
> > > I cannot use PDF files as the Firefox browser on my Mac won't handle
> > > PDF files (dunno yet about Firefox on Windows).  Safari and Chrome
> > > don't have this problem.
> >
> > If you have it configured to do so, recent versions of Firefox on
> > Windows can natively handle .pdf files. (I'm on 39.0 at the moment).

> That might be the best medium term bet as SVG files are not universally
> loved so far.

> On the Mac Firefox it's at 38.0.5, so it can't be far to go.

> Thanks.

That's somewhat interesting, on my laptop (Win 7) I still have Firefox
38.0.5 and if you have it configured to do so, 38.0.5 will also handle
.pdf files.  (No PDF addons/extensions are installed).

Options-Applications is where you do the config.

Dave

Additionally interesting...

My Puppy Linux install has Firefox 33.0 and if configured so, can handle
.pdf files natively.  (No PDF addons/extensions are installed).

D.

--

Dave Triffid