[Virtualacorn-list] Unable to delete sub directories in HostFS mount

Brian Jordan brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 23 12:06:50 BST 2015

This has probably been around a long while but I have only just
discovered that I can't delete sub drectories in HostFS mounts from RISC
OS.
I had a mount full of directories containing a website mirror on this
machine. After archiving it to an external drive I tried to clear out the
mount but found that I couldn't delete the original directories nor the
files in them using Select all -> Delete from RISC OS. I opened the
directories individually and easily deleted all the files so that I
eventually had a mount full of empty directories and sub directories but
even then I couldn't delete them using RISC OS. Is this normal behaviour
or, is it something that the new Windows 8 compatible VA addresses? I was
able to go to the mount from file explorer under windows and easily
delete the directories so am a little confused.

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA on Windows 8.1 Pro
RISC OS 6.20