[Virtualacorn-list] Windows 8.1 and Access Rights

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Feb 25 00:46:48 GMT 2015

Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:

>But here's the really kicker, ALL the other folders (5+ top-level & many
>sub-folders) on the drive are accessible without any intervention from me.
>It's only the VRPC drive foders that it won't allow me to access.

That maybe suggests they were set up by different methods, perhaps most by
something running with admin auth, but the VRPC stuff by one or other of
your RISC OS ordinary users.

I wonder if, apart from wading through the folders' owner and permissions
attributes with the GUI there's a command-line way to get a list of who owns
and who can do what to which items?  It might be easier to compare them that
way.