[Virtualacorn-list] Mouse nightmare

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sat Nov 8 21:32:15 GMT 2014

Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> In article <mpro.neqeqq00hvcbd0usw.vince at softrock.co.uk> Vince M Hudd
> wrote:

> > > Does your laptop have a Menu key to the right of Alt Gr?

> > No. The lack of that button is the root of the problem - it's why I
> > changed the settings so that the right touchpad button acted as Menu.

> But it's not a button it's a KEY.

Meh - tomato, tomato, or something. :)

If you push or press it, it's a button - a key is just a type of button.
That's my excuse, and I'm brushing it under the carpet.

> Odd, that your laptop doesn't have it.

It might be unusual, and most laptops might have one (I've checked my
ancient XP laptop, and it does - but I can't check the dead one, because
that's underneath a pile of stuff) but I don't think it's odd that it
doesn't have it.

The simple reason is that the touchpad buttons are easily within reach below
the bottom row of keys. The right one (by default) produces a menu in
Windows, so the menu key is a bit pointless. (Until you encounter a
situation in which it's bloody useful, of course - but I'm not sure the
laptop's manufacturers were considering VRPC!)

> My wife's tiny Asus Eee PC does. The keys across the bottom of that
> keyboard are as follows:

> Ctrl - Fn - Windows key - Alt - SPACE - Alt Gr - MENU - Ctrl

Ctrl - Fn - Windows key - Alt - Space - Alt Gr - Ctrl - Cursor keys

No menu.

> [snip] But anyhoo, glad it's back to normal. :)

So am I :)

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk

The RISC OS Awards & Survey results: www.riscosawards.co.uk