[Virtualacorn-list] New VRPC Installation Doesn't Start

John McCartney j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 12:28:39 BST 2014

In article <54242D812E%mik.towse at xemik.com>, Mik Towse
<mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:

> In article <53BC5142.80508 at blueyonder.co.uk> John
> McCartney  wrote: [snip]

> > Unfortunately, copy from the desktop and paste into
> > that window doesn't work so the process becomes
> > somewhat fraught with peril. My typing is not
> > guaranteed to be 100% accurate.

> [snip] You need copy the text in the browser, then
> right-click in the CMD window & select Paste from the
> menu.

Ah. I did a <ctrl>V and nothing happened.

> I tried it on W8 & all it does is prevent VRPC from
> starting. So I had to remove the atapi dll again.

:-(

If that's the case, I might well end up doing the same.
I've put some of my installation CDs onto a memory stick
(it's quicker than from an optical drive). I have folders
for my desktop VRPC and for my laptop (which I'm using now)
and each folder has the updates applicable to that serial
number.

I can always use this laptop to transfer any other CD/DVD
based software to a memory stick or just use the network.

However, I'd like to pursue my original tack unless it
proves unworkable.

John

--
John McCartney